Jim Bohnsack wrote:
I got mine thru ShopZ and I remembered having to decide if I wanted to download them thru a browser or ftp. I chose browser and those 4 separate files are what were downloaded. Yes, I guess I meant RSU 5304. I just tried it again. Starting with the z/VM Electronically Delivered Service (CORective or RSU) Installation Instructions, I did step (1) Upload Service Envelope(s) I followed the directions to use MS-DOS Windows FTP. (2) De-Compaction of Service Envelope(s) That worked like a charm.
(3) Installation of Service Envelope(s) on z/VM Host

For service envelop files in VMSES/E format (files with extensions of SHIPTFSS, or SHIPDOCS or SHIPRSUn or SHIPDOC):

Follow the appropriate instructions listed below for the release of VM you are running. (It says to go to Part 4 'Service Procedures' in the z/VM Guide for Automated Installation and Service)

That tells you to enter SERVICE ALL envfn1 envfn2... but I have one name and several SHIPRSUn files.

I'm going to call IBM and order a tape. It should be here by Monday. There's got to be a better way.

Jim

Based on what Anne Crabtree replied, you upload the files to the z/VM system BINARY FIXED 1024 and deterse then to SERVLINK file type. You probably want to rename them to SHIPRSUn SERVLINK or SHIPDOCS SERVLINK when you deterse the files.

Then you can run SERVICE ALL SHIPDOCS to get the documents and then SERVICE ALL SHIPRSU1 SHIPRSU2 SHIPRSU3 to get the RSU loaded for PUT2PROD.

Kim