And if you want to use PIPELINE, look at the PIPESERV package from the IBM Downloads website. I have created Service Virtual Machines from both of these packages. They both work very well, you just have to pick your style of doing things.

/Tom Kern
/U.S. Dept of Energy
/301-903-2211

Kris Buelens wrote:
To all readers thinking they'd nee to intercept the message of an arriving
spool file: it leaves a hole: reader files sitting there before
WAKEUP/PIPE/xxx were active remain in the reader until another RDR file
arrives.  WAKEUP hasn't that problem.

And, you can save yourself a lot a work by looking at my RxServer package:
it handles reader fies etc, built around WAKEUP, with built-in security etc.