On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Scott Rohling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I often want to see a z/VM help file when I don't have access to z/VM or am
> not online, to figure out the syntax of a command, etc.  I know there are
> PDF manuals, etc -- but was wondering if anyone knew of something that:

Your "not online" requirement seems to be missed...  I think the help
files resembles the various reference manuals pretty well, except with
less fancy layout. With just half a dozen PDFs you'd have what you
need .I personally keep the full set of books on my ThinkPad, well
worth the space.

But if you really want to do your own, look at TEXT2PDF or run it
through DocBook (or B2H and make it a big HTML page). As suggested, if
you can serve the pages through a web server, you might also use PC
tools to copy the web site to local HTML files (if the navigation tree
is complete so that walking the links gives you all of it).

-Rob