It is not a problem of removing real memory from the machine. Rather, it
is one of being able to better utilize what we already have, utilize it
in a way that may be financially beneficial to us. Isn't that the point
of all of this talk about virtualization - putting resources to use? I
am looking at all of that memory that is unused and unusable 90% of the
time and wondering if there shouldn't be some way to put it to use. And
the answer, even with this announcement, is a resounding NO. Maybe this
is only the first shot and the other is in the offing, I do not know.
Maybe it is time for LPAR memory to be virtualized, so that it can be
doled out by the page or segment, in pieces that may be discontiguous.

Regards,
Richard Schuh