On Tuesday, 08/05/2008 at 12:39 EDT, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I was interested in the ability to add memory to an LPAR because we have
> 2 LPARs that are used infrequently and it would be nice to add their
> storage to VM. .... The new capability is
> absolutely useless to us. Nice boilerplate to show in sales pitches to
> management, perhaps, but no practical value here. Our VM is as close to
> 24 X 365.25 as we can make it. Taking it down to reconfigure the storage
> is unacceptable.

Is not half a loaf better than none?  Now you can add memory without
taking an outage.  If you've been taking outages to add/delete memory,
you've cut the number in half.

Everyone likes the idea of being able to remove the memory, but waiting
until we can do it (an extremely complex and expensive task) to deliver
the "add" support was uniformly met with boos and hisses when we polled
customers.