I have not said that it will not be good for some users. I have said
that it does nothing to solve problems that we have had in the past and
will most likely have again. Without the other piece, dynamic removal of
storage, the only solution we see for our problems, when we become
constrained, is to buy more iron. If the dynamic removal were included,
it could delay upgrades and save money.  Yes, being able to add new
storage will be nice. When we have a z10 with z/VM 5.4, the memory
upgrades may become easier; however, there is still the question of the
storage that is getting moldy waiting for its LPAR to be activated.
Storage that could be used if there were some way to release it without
the LPAR activation outage. Having the release, that or having LPAR
storage virtualized, would be the best of all possible worlds (until
someone sees another pie floating in the stratosphere).

Regards,
Richard Schuh