On Wednesday, 08/06/2008 at 10:36 EDT, Tim Joyce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> As far as PROFILE TCPIP  errors, I did notice yesterday I had misspelled
the
> PORT  9999 statement for my SSLSERV admin :
>
> 9999 TCP  SSLSERV SERCUR ALCERT ; SSL SERVER -  ADMINISTRATION
>
> so I corrected with  obeyfile :
>
> 9999 TCP SSLSERV SECURE  ALCERT ; SSL SERVER - ADMINISTRATION
>
> If this is the problem, I  do not understand why it would have worked
before
> the IPL. And, if this was  the issue, shouldn't  the corrected obeyfile
have
> resolved this, or will I  need to wait until I can cycle the TCPIP stack
this
> weekend?

This is incorrect.  The SECURE option goes on the PORT entries for the
ports you want to protect.  It does not go on port 9999 (the SSLADMIN
command connection).

You mentioned that you are getting a failure on secure telnet.

1.  Do you have the SECURE option specified for the port you are using for
secure telnet?  (Assuming an old-school secure telnet emulator.)

2.  Can you successfully issue SSLADMIN commands?

3.  Is the DTCPARMS entry for SSLSERV correct?  If you had previously
manually started the SSL server with different start-up parameters, those
are no longer in effect.

4.  Have you looked at an emulator trace to see what it's doing?