Yep, running z/VM 5.2. Here is my secure telnet PORT statement:

8823 TCP VTUBESSL SECURE ALCERT ; SECURE TELNET TO VTUBESSL

Here is my SSLADMIN QUERY STATUS :

ssladmin query status

Maximum number of sessions: 100

Number of active sessions: 0

Administration port: 9999

Cipher_suites included :   RC4_128_SHA  RC4_128_MD5  TRIPLE_DES_SHA
RC4_US  RC2_US  DES_1024_SHA  RC4_56_SHA  DES_40_SHA  RC4_40_MD5
RC2_40_MD5  DES_56_SHA  NULL_SHA  NULL_MD5  NULL
Cipher_suites exempted :
Trace Settings:
  Normal: OFF
  Connections: OFF
  Flow: OFF

  Address: 255.255.255.255:0

  Connection: 0

My SSLADMIN QUERY CERT ALCERT:

ssladmin query cert ALCERT
Certificate information:

            Label:    ALCERT
          Version:    3
    Serial number:    482c91bf
        Issued by:
                      MAINFRAME.ALEXLEE.COM
                      ALEXLEE INC.
                      HICKORY, NC
                      USA
       Belongs to:
                      MAINFRAME.ALEXLEE.COM
                      ALEXLEE INC.
                      HICKORY, NC
                      USA
  Effective dates:    May 14 2008 to May 16 2011
             Type:    Server
         Key Size:    1024

I do notice my NETSTAT CONN (SELECT SSLSERV shows :

netstat conn (select sslserv

VM TCP/IP Netstat Level 520

Active IPv4 Transmission Blocks:

User Id  Conn    Local Socket            Foreign Socket          State

SSLSERV  1226    *..1025                 *..*                    Listen

SSLSERV  1046    127.0.0.0..9999         *..*                    Listen

Active IPv6 Transmission Blocks: None

Should I not have a port 8823 socket, or would it only show for an
active session? What is the 1025 for?

Tim