On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Mark Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Is that stack association limit correct? If this is the case, is there a
>> circumvention? Can multiple OSA adapters be associated with a single VLAN?
>
> Use a VSWITCH, since you've already decided this is going to be run on z/VM.

The limit is model dependent, for z9 way more than 640 IIRC.

The way to get around it (once) is to make the VM system primary
router so it will get all packets for which the OSA has no entry in
the OAT. I think the limit also applies to the number of stacks on the
VSWITCH. There isn't a way for VSWITCH to set primary router, is
there?

Rob