The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on
08/06/2008 03:40:56 PM:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Bill Holder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Just to emphasize the point - the fact that most of CP's storage is
now
> > mapped into virtual(the System Execution Space) is really irrelevant
to the
> > question of detaching memory.  Although that mapping is indeed
the"default"

> I did not mean to make it sound easy. Being able to page it would be a
> much harder one that being able to move it. At least we don't need to
> walk all control blocks for pointers to the blocks in the page that we
> moved. But you still need everyone out of the way when you move it
> (unless that is an atomic operation).
> -Rob

An alternative - which might even satisfy Mr. Schuh - could be to restrict
"detachable" memory to that which has been dynamically added after CP was
iplled.  I wouldn't think the SXS would extend into such, which would make
it easier to clear.  Of course it's been a while since I did much perusing
of CP internals...
--Mike