To be able to increase memory temporarily to get past a period of
unusually high demand. As has been pointed out in the thread, TPF shops
invariably have to reserve several GB of memory for native test systems
that are seldom used. If that storage could be added temporarily, it
could be a real benefit. The problem is, it takes LPAR
deactivation/activation to remove it once added. So it is possible to
borrow the memory without taking an outage; however, the same is not
true of returning it.

Regards,
Richard Schuh