<grin> Someone please correct me and tell me that it is really running as a guest os.... :) :) :)

On Sep 8, 2008, at 5:19 PM, dave wrote:

Ditto, what Paul said.....:-)

I didn't know that OpenVMS could run on Intel Itaniums, but
it sounds way cool.

DJ
What's next, Mac under z/VM? :-)
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Raulerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Partially Successful: OpenVMS on System z
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:36:51 -0500

Holy (!&^#) Batman!!!!!!

Would you believe I have been moving some of my personal
clients (not   my day job :) onto OpenVMS on Itaniums
because:

 (1) The clients are purely disgusted with the iSeries
world. The   thing is now named "i" - no series! Try to
explain that to a
        an irritated customer!

 (2) The clients don't have budgets big enough to move to
an zSeries   solution, especially since PSI and Flex seem
dead,
        and IBM is taking its sweet time about coming out
with an   affordable small system (ala MP3Ks...)

 (3) HP has a great developer program

 (4) I an put them on an Itanium, with software, for
under $10K.   Under $3K if they are okay with used
hardware.  Alphas are even less,   but are *all* used
hardware.  Wow...

Yeah, I'm interested. :)