On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:24:01 -0400 David Boyes said:
>> I didn't know that OpenVMS could run on Intel Itaniums, but
>> it sounds way cool.
>Yes. It's a relatively recent development (and about 20 years too late
>-- we could have been spared Windows entirely if DEC had bought a clue
>way back when...*sigh*), but it's actually fueling a renaissance in VMS
>usage. VMS is a nice, tight, secure, easy to manage system, with decent
>batch and tape processing capabilities, and excellent compilers and
>compatibility with the IBM extensions for COBOL, a decent CICS
>replacement, etc, etc. It's a terrific replacement for small VSE and
>z/OS shops who can't get an affordable z system these days. HP doesn't
>seem to have such a huge problem with hobbyist use, either.
>Now if someone would port REXX to VMS instead of DCL... hmm. Now that's
>a useful thought.

Regina doesn't have a specific OpenVMS download, but it does claim
support

http://regina-rexx.sourceforge.net/index.html

and the 3.4 change log (from Dec 2007) has

- Better VMS support courtesy of Bernard Giroud

The 3.0 change log has this entry as part of its restrictions for
strict ANSI mode:

BIFS not allowed: All VMS F$ functions

/ahw