Larry,

He is using CP SIGNAL, hence the HCPSIG... messages he's trying to wait
for.
That's easy to overlook when we only see part of the code.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Davis, Larry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
10/07/2008 04:24 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Need some help with REXX EXEC

If you use the signal facility the Linux image will shutdown and VM will
wait for it to shutdown prior to completing VM's own shutdown process.

Larry