Terry -  Just wondering if your Linux guests actually logoff after shutting
down from a signal?   From what you seem to be doing in the code (trapping
the shutdown msgs) it 'sounds' like maybe they aren't -- otherwise, you
could simply do a QUERY USERID until you get RC45 for all the guests..   If
they aren't logging off - there are ways to configure Linux so that they
do.  That should simplify everything..

Scott Rohling