Hello all. We're bouncing around an idea to change the way we allocate Linux
guests. Currently, we have a mdisk that
has all of the Linux 191 disks on. We then have separate 200 disks (mod9's).
We're thinking of combining the two, such
that we have a 1 cylinder 191 mdisk, then 10015 cylinders for the 200 disks.
This would allow us to move the linuxes from
one lpar to another as needed. It would also make them more self-contained.
We're facing a dasd upgrade in the near future,
and this would make that a little easier.
Other than the fact that the 200 disk is backed up by TSM and the 191's via
MVS's FDR, can you guys shoot some holes
in this theory? Let me know if you see any other problem areas that I
haven't thought of?

Thanks!
MA