If you¹re just IPLing CMS to set things up and then IPL Linux, is there
really a reason to have multiple 191 minidisks? We share a single read/only
191 minidisk among all the Linux guests, in both LPARs. They all end up
IPLing 391, and we¹ve added a piece to the profile that looks for userid()
exec, and executes it, if found, as part of the process, allowing for the
more odd of the Linux images to still share the one 191 minidisk.

If you can do it with one, it seems a shame to have all those one cyl
minidisks hanging around everywhere. Plus, if you need to make a change to
something in the way they¹re brought up, you can do it in one place, instead
of having to link and fix hundreds of them.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\