From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mary Anne Matyaz
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:13 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Linux guest 191/200 disk question

Hello all. We're bouncing around an idea to change the way we allocate
Linux guests. Currently, we have a mdisk that
has all of the Linux 191 disks on. We then have separate 200 disks
(mod9's). We're thinking of combining the two, such
that we have a 1 cylinder 191 mdisk, then 10015 cylinders for the 200
disks. This would allow us to move the linuxes from
one lpar to another as needed. It would also make them more
self-contained. We're facing a dasd upgrade in the near future,
and this would make that a little easier.
Other than the fact that the 200 disk is backed up by TSM and the 191's
via MVS's FDR, can you guys shoot some holes
in this theory? Let me know if you see any other problem areas that I
haven't thought of?

Thanks!
MA

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm