I guess it is 64K (from 0000 to FFFF)  The infoirmation probably is in
the z/VM General Information manual.

But, why define all z/OS devices to z/VM?
- It will consume some real storage in z/VM
- You might by accident format a volume in z/VM that z/OS is using.
- It costs some time to check them when z/VM is IPLed, and shut down
- A CP Q DASD will yield a very long result
I guess you would use address ranges for DASDs for use by z/VM, so
define only these ranges to the z/VM partitions.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support