We have more than that in our disaster recovery environment  and we
don't do anything to segregate VM from z/OS there.
So, VM is ok with that - it does take longer to IPL though.

For production, we separate out by LCU's (VM owns its own) and we
restrict the gen so that z/VM can't see the z/OS devices (although z/OS
can see z/VM's because it is required for Hyperswap to work).   You
could also provide segregation in the system config with what is online
at IPL and what is "accepted".

(sorry for the HTML format - for some reason I can't change it on this
particular email - weird).

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this

  _____