Thanks I am use to looking in MVS system codes to find a wait state.

Mace

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rich Smrcina
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:03 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: help with an error code

Macioce, Larry wrote:
>  This morning when I came in I was informed we couldn't get to our
Linux
> servers. The problem was on the HMC, VM was in a 912 disabled wait
> state.
> I have looked all over,but obviously not everywhere or I would have
> found it,  and can't find where this code is hiding.
> Asking for a little help in finding it,
> Thanks
> Mace

Mace,

If you take a look at 'CP Messages and Codes' it says:

For a description of what the disabled wait state code means and
suggested actions to
take, look up the CP message that has the same number as the wait state
code.

HCP912 says:

HCP912W System recovery failure; volid volid not mounted

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender and delete the
material from any computer.