From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:20 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] Page Space

Yesterday, we were running a test using 17 z/TPF virtual machines, 3GB
each. This was in addition to the normal load on the system. During the
test, which was not moving along very quickly, nothing was,  I noticed
that our page packs were 100% allocated, up from the usual 10%. This
stood out as a smoking gun, verified by watching the performance improve
as each of the ids in the test logged off. I presume that this should
have been expected; however, other matters have kept us so busy that we
did not do the math. I imagine that the one way to avoid this type of
problem, we expect a peak of approximately 150 concurrent z/TPF systems
in the coming year, is a massive injection of paging DASD. Is this the
only answer or are there any other steps that we can take to help?

Regards,
Richard Schuh