I have to find the stuff, but at the z Expo we were told that mixing DASD
types in a page farm is BAAAAD!  I don't remember right off hand why.  Maybe
someone else can chime in while I research.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Schuh, Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What will be the effect, other than having additional space available,
of adding five mod 9 disks to the existing page farm of 35 mod 3s? Would
there be a noticeable change in the performance of the paging subsystem?
(I suspect that any change will be less noticeable than the effects of
filling both page and spool. :-) )

Regards,
Richard Schuh

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barton Robinson
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:36 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Page Space

Do the math....  Number one reason for ONE outage at each new
z/linux installation is to fill up page space - guess you
were lucky and had some extra spool space (no block paging so
slow), so you luckily didn't take the outage - which makes
your servers even slower....

Schuh, Richard wrote:

Don't presume. 92G real, 10 xstore. All MDC activity is in real,
limited to 384MB. And I do not know the color of the machine :-)

Regards,
Richard Schuh