And don't forget 'q ring' to see what files are in your top ring.

BTW, once you have a ring, some commands will cause a new ring to be created
and push your current ring down.  If you issue FILELIST or RDRLIST, and then
start to xedit a new member(s).  Those members will be in a new ring.

Sometimes you can forget that you already have a member, under xedit, and you
have made changes to that member without saving them.  Then you stack the ring
and xedit the member again and make changes.  The changes in that member will
not include the changes made to that member in the lower level ring (as they
were not saved).  When you do a 'save' for the member in the top ring, it will
save without any messages.  However, as you terminate the top ring and pop the
lower ring, if you try to save that member, you will get an error message
(ssave or ffile, will save the member and wipe out the changes you made at the
higher ring).  Usually, when I get this I save the member under a different
name, and then compare the two members to see what changes I really wanted.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

If anyone ever sees my desk, you will understand that I might have xedit
sessions up for days/weeks.  I got interrupted by some higher priority work,
and I just "stack".

On Win/XP, I have I have 47 windows opened.  5 of them are TN3270 sessions.
However each session is a TUBES (session manager) session.  Right now, the
session with the largest number of sessions, has 12 host sessions active.

My life is really a mess <G>

>>> Edward M Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/21/2008 12:17 PM >>>
Hello Everyone,

Ok now to ask the next cursor question,

I am Xediting two members (screen 2 with CMDLINE TOP),  I would like to
have a pf key set to jump between screens.

VSE/ESA ICCF has CURSOR INPUT.   z/VM 'CURSOR HOME' does not do it.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
ext 40441