Looking at the original stated problem, 'not enough text showing', I'm
wondering if you can't see enough at one time, or is it just too slow moving
through many lines.  A few solutions come to mind, depending upon your need.

Increase screen size:
You can change the model of the screen to display more than the standard 24 x
80 screen size.  I don't know if you've tried this, and it has been discussed
in the past, so I won't pursue it.

Show the lines of two screens a little differently, vertically:
Instead of 'screen 2', try 'screen 2 v'.  This displays the two files side by
side, with a full set of lines showing, albeit only half of each line.
Sometimes, that is a good way to see "more" of the files at the same time,
sometimes better for comparing them.  (This depends upon what you are trying to
see or do, so as a solution, it might not fit for you, but it might for others
reading this.)

Work more efficiently with the keyboard - &!:
No, I'm not cursing.  You can prefix x with an ampersand, thus '&x'.  The
command will be redisplayed in the command area when you return.  If you do
this on both screens, you can toggle back and forth between screens every time
you hit enter.  Now, combine using the ampersand with two screens, and although
you may not see a lot of lines at the same time, you can page through two files
simultaneously, rapidly, with little keystroke effort.  Hence, after 'screen
2', type '&fo' (or maybe '&n5') on both command lines, and hitting enter will
page down both files at the same pace.  Of course, it can be used with 'screen
2 v' as well.  And locally, we have a macro with which we can do '&compare' to
find the next lines that aren't the same.  '&locate /...' (or '&/...') works
well also.  I like something like '&/.../#-2' followed by inserting '+2#' after
the ampersand, thus paging through the file with '&+2#/.../#-2', finding '...'
but showing a couple lines above it.  (I know there are other ways to do this.)

Paul Nieman