Dave,

I didn't write those instructions, but yes, it means to FTP or UPLOAD
with the ASCII option in effect for the transfer.

You didn't specify what error you received when you attempted to run the
UPLOAD EXEC, so I can't help you further.  If you haven't figured it out
for yourself at this point, call the support center and Fran or Kitty
can help you out.

JR (Steven) Imler

CA

Senior Sustaining Engineer