Hi, Dave.

What's the invalid character in line 2653? You can edit the UPLOAD exec file in Xedit, make the last line in the file the current line, and then issue the Xedit command hextype. That will show you the line in both hex and character modes.

Dave Keeton wrote:
Okay. I tried using a Windows Pee Cee for this (normally I use my linux
workstation). I removed the first line of the exec which contained "snip
here". This gives me a file with 2563 records like what Ed had. It was
opened with NotePad ++ and verified that it's a Windows Text file.

After ftp'ing with the Windows ftp client to z/VM and running 'exec
upload extract a' I get the following error:

  2563 +++   ?
  2563 +++    ?
   600 +++   temp = sourceline(l)
   578 +++ sourcel = GetSourceLine(badline)
DMSREX460E Error 13 running UPLOAD EXEC, line 2563: Invalid character in
program

I placed a call to CA for assistance, but was hoping I'd have it figured
out before they call. I don't and they haven't called.   ;-)

It'd be easier to just have them send me a tape, I think.

Dave