Dave,

It is OK to have the “snip” line … it’s a comment record which is required for
the first line of a REXX program.

I think the problem is that you likely have an extra line at the END (very last
line of the uploaded file on your VM system) of the file.  I suspect you’ll
find the last line of the file will contain what appears to be a “double quote”
… delete that line.  It’s common for file transfer utilities to add that to the
end of a file.

JR (Steven) Imler

CA

Senior Sustaining Engineer