Instead of WAKEUP, a Pipe using the starmsg driver would also work. If I
am only waiting for 1 thing and the process has to be synchronous, I
usually use a structure like:

'CP SET SMSG IUCV'
'PIPE (end ? NAME SMsg)',
'? starmsg *msg cp xautolog userB #EXEC Y',
<if this is the is the correct message then end the program>,
'| cons'

The stages implied by the <...> would presumably end with a pipestop
stage when the expected message is received..

Regards,
Richard Schuh