On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Dean, David (I/S) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When building new Linux boxes, I have to format several drives.  I normally
> log as Maint and do them one at a time.  Is there a way to do multiple
> drives simultaneously, or log to Maint sessions multiple times?

Since these are "user volumes" there is no value in doing CPFMTXA or
ICKDSF FORMAT on them. When you hand the mini disk to Linux it will
have to format it anyway (unless you can flashcopy a similar device
that was already formatted by Linux).

All you need is the first cylinder to hold the label. And that is
probably already done by the DASD subsystem when you create the
logical volume, so all you need is to relabel it. That's quick enough
I think...

-Rob