I attempted this yesterday, and I haven¹t searched the archives yet, so if
this has been gone over, I apologize.

Looking through the books, it would appear that the changes needed to go
from layer 3 to layer 2 protocol would be to add ³ETHERNET² to the vSwitch
definition, and to add ³ETHERNET² to the DEVICE description in the profile
TCPIP file. Now, as you may well have guessed by the fact that I¹m posting
this message, doing this didn¹t produce desirable results. I.E. The
connection doesn¹t ping or work in any other useful way.

Do I need to talk to the network people? Is there something they need to do
in the OSA, or on the network? Have I missed something in the configuration?
Do I need to check for more current maintenance? (Right now, this is on z/VM
5.3... Soon to be 5.4)

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\