From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of clifford jackson
Sent: Fri 12/26/2008 9:01 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: FTP and Z/VM5.4

Whats the work around for the following problem that i am having I am running
CA's VMBACKUP and VMTAPE, I have four tape drive total when I start my daily
backups VMTAPE assigns all four tape drives and looks for another and tells me
there's 1 tape allocation the following is a console listing:

VMYTAP070I There are 0 mounts and 1 allocations pending.
vmtape query alloc
VMTDRV144I Waiting for a 128track HPTC drive for VMBACKUP 0310 V10204.
VMTQRY142I There are now 1 pending drive allocation(s).
VMYINI006I 0.004 Ready;

> Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:12:28 -0500
> From: steven.im...@ca.com
> Subject: Re: FTP and Z/VM5.4
> To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
>
> Jim,
>
> I'ts likely RPIVAL and RPIUCMS ... they are not really needed any longer, the
> authentication is done differently under z/VM 5.4. There were updates to the
> VM:Secure versions of these to support backward compatability that you likely
> do not have in place ... so accessing the older code is likely the cause of
> the problem. However, as you see, getting rid of them also works.
>
> JR Imler

Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your HotmailĀ® account now.
<http://windowslive.com/oneline/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_anywhere_122008>