Hey JR I checked my VMBACKUP CONFIG and my reserve is set to off:
  CATDISK    1B0 90           CHECKDISK  1D1 80           DIRECT     1A0 530RES
      POOLDISK   1C0              SYSDISK    1E0              REPORTDISK 1E1 95
                                      MAXFILES 2048
            * RESERVE ON                  RESERVE OFF               * RESTHOLD
                  SURROGAT OFF              * TAPEDISP UNLOAD           *
TAPEWAIT 180 1            * TAPEXPDT                  > Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008
15:56:54 -0500> From: steven.im...@ca.com> Subject: Re: FTP and Z/VM5.4> To:
IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> > Cliford,> > In general if you run with robotic tape
interfaces with VM:Backup using VM:Tape you want to turn off RESERVE for tape
drives ... the robotic systems needs to be able to choose the best available
drive at the time of each mount request. RESERVE ON is the default.> > Chech
your VMBACKUP CONFIG file for a RESERVE record ... again RESERVE ON is the
default, so if you don't find one you are running with RESERVE ON. Add or
change the record to RESERVE OFF.> > JR Imler> CA, Inc.> >
________________________________> > From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on
behalf of clifford jackson> Sent: Fri 12/26/2008 9:01 AM> To:
IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> Subject: Re: FTP and Z/VM5.4> > > Whats the work
around for the following problem that i am having I am running CA's VMBACKUP
and VMTAPE, I have four tape drive total when I start my daily backups VMTAPE
assigns all four tape drives and looks for another and tells me there's 1 tape
allocation the following is a console listing:> > VMYTAP070I There are 0 mounts
and 1 allocations pending. > vmtape query alloc > VMTDRV144I Waiting for a
128track HPTC drive for VMBACKUP 0310 V10204. > VMTQRY142I There are now 1
pending drive allocation(s). > VMYINI006I 0.004 Ready; > > > Date: Thu, 25 Dec
2008 11:12:28 -0500> > From: steven.im...@ca.com> > Subject: Re: FTP and
Z/VM5.4> > To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> > > > Jim,> > > > I'ts likely RPIVAL
and RPIUCMS ... they are not really needed any longer, the authentication is
done differently under z/VM 5.4. There were updates to the VM:Secure versions
of these to support backward compatability that you likely do not have in place
... so accessing the older code is likely the cause of the problem. However, as
you see, getting rid of them also works.> > > > JR Imler> > > >
________________________________> > > > From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on
behalf of Hughes, Jim> > Sent: Wed 12/24/2008 12:11 PM> > To:
IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> > Subject: FTP and Z/VM5.4> > > > > > > > We are
experiencing abends during some of our FTP processes under Z/VM 5.4. I've
discovered the source of one of them.> > > > > > > > We run some daily
procedures involving ftp processes from our VMRMAINT(VMSECURE's Maint machine).
All FTP processes were failing until we released the VMRAINT 194 minidisk.> > >
causes FTP to blow off.> > > > > > > > Merry Christmas.> > > > > > > >
____________________> > > > Jim Hughes> > > > 603-271-5586> > > > "It is fun to
e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now.
<http://windowslive.com/oneline/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_anywhere_122008>