David Boyes wrote:
On 2/3/09 10:55 AM, "Wakser, David" <david.wak...@infocrossing.com> wrote:

    Why would you even, for a second, doubt your sanity?

Vendor is trying to invoke “not tested configuration” clauses and doing other assorted whining to avoid providing a fix. I want to get a consensus response from the community that I can present to vendor to halt this behavior — give them a chance to fix their error before loosing the cascade of public opprobium directly upon their heads in public.

-- db

Is the backlevel configuration still supported by *that* vendor? If not, you end up in a "Catch 22" situation; Vendor 1 won't deal with the problem without the backlevel software, Vendor 2 won't deal with problems because of the backlevel software ("Bring it up to the latest service and then call us if there's still a problem."). Is Vendor 1 going to also support the problems caused by the backlevel software?

kg