I would expect that some would challenge your conclusion based on the
idea that the MP effect does not even appear unless you are running at
or near capacity. If I have two cpus or IFLs and 1.1 cpu's worth of
demand, will I notice the MP effect? Probably not. I probably will see a
better service level than when I was trying to service the same demand
with only 1 cpu. The question is, if n tasks causes a single engine to
run at 100%, will 2 engines be able to service 2n tasks as well as 1
serviced n? I think that under normal circumstances, the answer is that
the 2 engine machine will only be able to service somewhat less than 2n.

Regards,
Richard Schuh