To take this a step further, what if the vendor has had notice from the
operating system vendor of the implementation of a new security feature, and
has not made their install compatible with that new security, and yet never
mentions the fact in the install documentation?

(IBM ­ Read closely) We fought with installing a product on the current
RedHat and finally called support, and we were told ³Oh yeah. Turn off
selinux and it¹ll install just fine.² Say what? It¹s security, and it¹s
default now that it is turned on in the system. Shouldn¹t the product
install take that into consideration and account for it in the install?

If it isn¹t going to do that, then shouldn¹t the install documentation say
something about turning it off? At least a ³We were lazy, so you¹ll have to
sacrifice your new security system to install our product.²

Or, should products install on the systems they say they¹re certified for?
How do you certify a product that can¹t be installed?

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\