It'd be much more interesting to me if this wasn't a philosophical
question, but a discussion of a specific vendor and product. The answers

might be different, too.

Right off hand, I'd say that I wouldn't want to do business with this
vendor. But I might change my mind if I knew more about the problem.

We're a big shop, so we can often apply "leverage" and get problems like

this fixed, or at least get a committment to fix.

One way for a small shop to apply similar leverage is to discuss the
problem on a forum like this. If they get several customers demanding a

fix, they might move it up in the queue. Or marketing might decide to tel
development and support to hurry up and stop the bad publicity.

Alan Ackerman

Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com