From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of David Boyes
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 10:53 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Philosophical question...

Background:

Upgrading a system to current level. Have a vendor product that insists
on the installation of a backlevel component application that causes the
configuration and service management system to report errors in the
configuration. Vendor insists that the backlevel component is the only
way, but the errors cause problems with future upgrades and overall
configuration management by reporting false positives when checked for
whether the system is up to date and has all service applied.

Question:

I believe the maker of the vendor product is in error here. Am I wrong?

-- db