From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Jack Woehr
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 3:09 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: lOGON WITH OUT ipL'ing

Bob Bates wrote:
> Well depending on if you get the VM READ before the PROFILE runs, just

> enter AC ( NOPROF. If you don't get the read LOGON userid NOIPL, the
IPL CMS, the AC ( NOPROF.

I'm having the opposite of a senior moment (or something).

Here's something I never knew: Is that why the terminal "hangs" (my
unixy interpretation for the past 15 years) after you IPL ... so you can
enter
special
commands before your CMS guest actually loads? Is that VM READ part of
CMS or CP or something in-between?

--
Jack J. Woehr            # I run for public office from time to time.
It's like