There also was VM/IS 4.  I had the pleasure of supporting VM in a module
replacement only environment.  IBM had some great System Engineers that
helped the customers back then.

Thank you,  Dave Hansen
Sr. Systems Programmer
Hennepin County Information Technology
300 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487
Ph: 612.596.1283  FAX: 612.348.4663

             Tom Duerbusch <duerbus...@stlouiscity.com>

             Sent by: The IBM z/VM Operating System

             <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

                                                                   cc
             02/24/2009 10:48 AM

                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re: Second
level VM systems
                            Please respond to

                      The IBM z/VM Operating System

                        <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Was there overlap?

I was on VM/370 Release 6 BSE.  I left that employer and when I went to another
place, a few years later, I installed VM/SP 3.

So I want to say that it was:

VM/370 Release 1
VM/370 Release 2
VM/370 Release 3
VM/370 Release 4
VM/370 Release 5
VM/370 Release 6
VM/SP 1
VM/SP 2
VM/SP 3
VM/SP 4
VM/SP 5 along with VM/IS 5 and VM/XA Release 1
VM/SP 6 along with VM/IS 6
VM/ESA 370 mode
VM/ESA ESA mode

I remember BSE (Basic System Extensions), being an option.  I don't know if
there were other options available or if the option really wasn't
optional.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> "Schuh, Richard" <rsc...@visa.com> 2/23/2009 6:15 PM >>>
The SPs didn't appear until R4. SP1 had a few problems (take that
euphemistically).

Regards,
Richard Schuh

Disclaimer: Information in this message or an attachment may be government data
and thereby subject to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minnesota
Statutes, Chapter 13, may be subject to attorney-client or work product
privilege, may be confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise
protected, and the unauthorized review, copying, retransmission, or other use
or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify the sender of the
transmission error and then promptly delete this message from your computer
system.