We've talked about this before and I think that I mentioned or complained, at least 10 years ago, that SHUTDOWN should not have ever been permitted in any IBM program but CP.  SHUTDOWN is used in RSCS and, I think, PVM.  I know that I've SHUTDOWN CP "one" time when I thought I was talking to RSCS.  Every systems programmer with whom I have ever worked has shutdown CP "once".

Jim

Alan Altmark wrote:
On Friday, 02/20/2009 at 06:04 EST, Tom Duerbusch