There may not be a quick answer to this question since it involves a great many things (IOCP, directory, Linux config). I might suggest starting here:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247266.html?Open

Also, depending upon what type of SAN device it is, it may or may not even be supported. Be careful! We were contacted by a site that tried this and we told them that the device that they were trying to connect to was just not supported in this environment.

Bauer, Bobby (NIH/CIT) [E] wrote:
Our up and coming z/VM and zLinux pilot got a present when another section
surplused an old sans device with switches. We hope to get the I/O gen done
this weekend but I haven't been able to figure out how to specify space for a
Linux guest in the user directory. An MDISK statement doesn't look likes it
supports SCSI devices. So how do you specify space in the user directory for a
SCSI device
Since this is all very new to us, I hope I'm not way off base.
Thanks

Bobby Bauer
Center for Information Technology
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD 20892-5628
301-594-7474

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009