From: David Kreuter <dkreu...@vm-resources.com>
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Merging DirMaint?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:14:01 -0400

Hi Dave: for the directories on each system what I would do: 1. DIRM
USER WITHPASS 2. RECEIVE the spool file as <nodename> WITHPASS - so you
have a good copy of each systems directoy 3. Record by hand the
volser where each directory is getting loaded onto 4. for each system
run a DIRM SCAN USER and figure out which users you want to merge,
mdisks, etc. 5. copy the file you want to gerrymander and place your
diretory entries in there. Very carefully. 6. on the system you want to
place the new directory: 6a. from maint: link dirmaint 1df 1df mr 6b:
from MAINT: ac 1df l 6c: From MAINT: ERASE USER DIRECT L 6d. copy from
maint your gerrymandered directory: COPY GMANDER DIRECT A USER INPUT L2
it is important to copy it onto dirmaint 1df as fn= user ft= input 7.
rel l(det 8.hope for the best!   David Kreuter