Dave,

The Program Directory for DIRMAINT should have a section called
"Tailor the DIRMAINT Server Machines" (I am still z/VM 5.3, you'll
have to check the 5.4 version).There's a figure containing a list of
supplied sample files. If you've tailored any of them, you'll want to
bring them forward from 5.3 to 5.4 (I have changed 4 of them on my
system, one is EXTENT CONTROL).
A couple pages further is a short list of files for which no samples
are provided. I have changed 2 of them. Those two lists, along with
the directory itself, should be the ones to worry about.