From: Ron Schmiedge <ron.schmie...@gmail.com>
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Merging DirMaint?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:17:59 -0600

Dave,

I don't think that merging the two versions of USER DIRECT (which was
the answer you got) will have any affect on the EXTENT CONTROL file.
What you have on the testbed now will not change unless you get the
two EXTENT CONTROL files and merge entries from each. So if you want
your new production to retain the definitions for production, you
would put the production EXTENT CONTROL file onto your testbed and
throw away the testbed one - or hide it somewhere for the testbed you
plan to rebuild.

If your testbed is going away (which I think you said was happening),
why would you need to retain the testbed version of the region
definitions?