> <soapbox>
>
> Is this yet another reason that IBM should not distribute such files as
> compiled REXX, so the user could diagnose similar problems?
>
> </soapbox>

When the VM lab was about to put only compiled EXECs on the S-disk I
explicitely asked to have the old (non-compiled) version too for
end-users that like to change them.  These user typically don't have
access to MAINT's source disks with the "fn $EXEC", and I've been
listened to (even though I don't know if I was the only one asking for
this).

But one has to look a bit further than just FILELIST PEEK EXEC or
FILELIST PROFPEEK XEDIT to find them.
BTW: PEEK is not only PEEK (s)EXEC and PROFPEEK (s)XEDIT but these
"end-user productivity" tools also have an even more important part:
X$PEEK$X XEDIT (and alike), these execs perform the harder work.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support