Hi

I want to copy my test system over to another LPAR. I want to be able to
IPL the new system with an updated SYSTEM CONFIG file and the USER
DIRECTORY.  What is the best way to do this? I figured I would do
something like:

1.      Create a new SYSTEM CONFIG file with the changes that reflect
the new DASD device addresses, such as the SYSRES, SYSSPL, etc. if
applicable.
2.      Create a new USER DIRECTORY with changes that reflect the new
DASD addresses.
3.      IPL from SYSC console and specify the new SYSTEM CONFIG file
that matches the new RES volume serial and the other volumes for the new
system

I am not too sure of how to load the new USER DIRECTORY. Can I create
another one on the RES pack that is being copied and then specify that
USER DIRECTORY at IPL time? Not sure!

BTW, I am using DFDSS to do a full volume copy and a restore.

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

terry.ma...@cms.hhs.gov

  • ... Martin, Terry R. (LOCKHEED MARTIN Performance Engineering/CTR) (CTR)
    • ... Mark Wheeler
      • ... Mark Wheeler
        • ... Martin, Terry R. (LOCKHEED MARTIN Performance Engineering/CTR) (CTR)
          • ... Rich Greenberg
          • ... Mark Wheeler
            • ... Martin, Terry R. (LOCKHEED MARTIN Performance Engineering/CTR) (CTR)
    • ... Jim Bohnsack