Terry,

I assume you're not using DIRMAINT or VM:Secure, so following deals only with
USER DIRECT...

>From your current system,

1) copy all the DASD volumes (SYSRES, etc) to your new system's device
addresses, then 2) use ICKDSF CPVOL LABEL commands to change to new device
addrs to new volsers.

3) Update all volsers in the new SYSTEM CONFIG (you can use DEFINE MDISK to get
access to the new MAINT CF1, for example)

4) Make a copy of your USER DIRECT and change the volsers on the DIRECT
statement and all MDISK statements. Save as USERC DIRECT A (perhaps).

5) LINK or ATTACH the new sysres volume to your userid using the device address
specified on the DIRECT statement

6) Issue DIRECTXA USERC DIRECT A

7) IPL!

Best regards,