Clarification.

What used to be MVS1 is now a front-end system that does not process the jobs
addressed to MVS1. Instead, it distributes the work among two or more other
machines,  the ones I listed as MVS1A and MVS1B. There can, and probably will,
be others in the future. The entire collection of machines behind the Front End
appears as a single entity called MVS1 to RSCS. The only one that is currently
connected to the NJE network is MVS1 (actually MVS1N - N for Network). Having
set things up that way, the MVS JES2 guy is wondering if there was some way
RSCS could use a back door to get jobs into at least one of the worker machines
when MVS1N is down. They built a system having a single failure point and have
experienced a failure. Now they are hoping for an easy, meaning VM, fix. The
current return path is from the worker machines through MVS1N, which we know to
be a choke point.

All of the RSCS links to MVS systems (we have many more that the MVS1-plex) are
TCPNJE. (Les can probably attest to the amount of effort that it took to get
there.  I hope that the JES2 development and support folks gave him a gold star
for his help.)

Regards,
Richard Schuh