On 4/26/09 9:37 PM, "Les Geer" <lg...@vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> I haven't looked through the code which handles how files are queued
> and transmitted in any great detail.  However, what you describe
> sounds reasonable.  In your MVSPLEX example, MVS1 must be first
> in the group list so it will always be picked.

Or at least checked first, which should handle most of the cases. I think
the check will count as a dispatch of the link task, which should cause the
file to be processed there if there is an open stream on that link.

> Keep in mind the file
> is queued on each link.  The first link to be free and dispatched
> will process the file.  This may not always work as intended based
> on how busy the MVS1 link is.

Yes. You will get an occasional job taking the direct path from RSCS to one
of the execution nodes. If that's ok, cool. If not, then this probably
doesn't do what you want.

Another thing -- you'll probably want to set the JES resistance value very
high for the direct RSCS->execution node links so that they are used
outbound only as a last resort (ie when the normal link to MVS1 is not
available).